Our story continues. We have had them for almost three days now and I think that everyone is handling things pretty well. Ben is extatic about them. He just wishes that is was cooler so that he could play outside with them more. It has been in the 90's all week and is supposed to be 102 on Friday. We have named them, Bruno the bigger and older one and Cocoa the smaller and crazier one. I got Bruno from "Cinderella" remember from the movie, "Yes, Bruno! Get Bruno! Get Bruno!" when Cinderella is trapped her bedroom. Cocoa because they are brown, I didn't want the name chocolate so Cocoa happened.
Yesterday we bravely took them to the Vet to have them scanned to see if either of them had a chip. Cocoa does. It wasn't as bad as a trip as I thought it would be. they did very well in the Sub, of course Ben was there for the brute strength of the operation. I drove and he kept things under control.They weren't jumping and cruising around as much as I thought that they would be. They just sat and watched. In the vets office of all the animals that we saw they were by far the biggest of all of them put together and there were three dogs and a cat.
Whoever had these dogs before was really good with them. Yesterday we had them in the house with the baby gate up so they could cool down, for a couple of hours and as soon as they were outside on the grass they peed which I am so greatful it wasn't inside. They are inside now and hopefully they will keep up this good behavior.
We got them a couple cheap leashes so that we could take them out on walks, last night we went on one and this morning I braved them by myself and took them out.
We have went through a couple of balls already, a tennis ball that they split in half and a hard plactic ball that was no longer in ball shape. So now we are playing with a softball and that seems to be holding up. As soon as you go out there that is the first thng they start to look for and give you so you can play fetch. They are so nutty when it comes to fetch, Cocoa never gets the ball but if you hold it too long without throwing it he will start barking so that you will throw it. That is the only time they bark, when we're playing fetch.
I didn't quite mean for this post to be all about them but it happens, and right now they are the most exciting thing that is going on in our life. I hope that all is going well, I will type at you all later.
Anna

No comments:
Post a Comment