For having no plans for the day, we did quite a bit. I woke up at 8 and made breakfast while Ben pretended to sleep and he came out of the room at the exact moment that I was getting ready to sit and eat. He was excited for that. We watched the first session of General Conference over the Internet, we had a surprisingly good connection for it, usually we have to watch it in between the sessions because is gets sssooo laggy. I am excited to see that they chose Eyring to replace Faust in the Presidency. I have always liked him.
Then Ben decided that he wanted to go for a run so we did a 3 mile loop, I biked (I hate running). Ben has lost 32 lbs since the beginning of the year and wants to get into the 240's. He doesn't want to get to the weight he was at the end of his mission, he was way too skinny and unhealthy looking. We then went into town to REI, Ben got some pants and a Dry Pack. The most important thing we did was go over to JcPenny Home and pick out some Curtians for the Sliding Door. The door is such an awkward size, 72" wide and 94" tall. We have been delaying this so much because I really didn't want to get vertical blinds, but their really aren't any options for sliding doors but we ended up with these.

Now I have to find some sort of a valence for the top. The smaller window has one but I don't remember one for the big window but it looks really tacky seeing all the metal hardware. Hopefully these will work. The most wonderful thing about them is that Ben put them up already. I am so excited for that, and I didn't have to beg and plead.
So, with all this organizing going on we then cleaned out the Garage got things off the floor and shop vac'd up all the dagum rat poop. Yes, the most wonderful thing about having a field behind us is the rats that like our garage. We have stopped them from coming in the garage a few months ago but they had left their tracks. We have this one inch gap at the bottom of the side door of the garage and rats were coming in and out, and I didn't know until Ben told me, I really liked being oblivious to them. Ben talked to the pest guy that comes once a month and he gave us some sticky pads to place at the door to catch them. We put them out the first night and caught TWO mice, I told Ben to do something with them so he did, he put on a glove and SET THEM FREE!! Don't ask an animal lover to throw away an animal, whatever they were gone. We set the trap again and caught another mouse and Ben set him free again. We finally put a board up and blocked the gap and haven't caught one since, that has been since July, so it is now cleaned up and stuff is put into the attic and life is good. Ben and Jerome Petrich are now playing Halo 3, Ben rented it from Blockbuster.
I think that is enough for one day. I will type at you all later.
Anna

No comments:
Post a Comment