Monday, October 1, 2007

First Try

So, I don't know who will read this or when. I am giving this whole blog thing a try though. It will be mainly my space to talk about what I like and the happenings of our little family. This weekend was crazy. Thursday my parents came over for dinner and we had a good time just hanging out. Friday we went to dinner with Sarah and Mike for Sarah's Birthday and the company was good but not the food. We went to TGI Fridays and Nothing was like what the menu had described. Saturday I went to work and Ben went to Kings Canyon. He has really been dying to do some Hiking but he hasn't met anyone that wants to go regularly. I am usually working every other Saturday and I am not a good hiking buddy, I complain alot. ecspecially if there is alot of uphill.
Sunday we had a family from our ward over for dinner and had a great time with them. We had been to there house for dinner a few times so Ben invited them over. They are a hispanic family and thought it was a real treat to have "American" food. We had Tri-Tip, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Corn and Rice Pilaf. The traditional Moore menu with plenty of leftovers. It was so funny I used my Kitchen Aide Mixer to mash the potatoes and they had never seen a mixer in use before, the oldest daughter who is 23 and has two kids helped with the gravy (I had her stir it so it wouldn't get clumpy, nothing is worse than clumpy gravy), and she had never made gravy before! When we served the dinner we had it buffet and the women went first, at their house it is guests, men then women. The mom thought that dinner was so nice because she wasn't slaving in the kitchen and got to sit first. When we have been over there she is mixing and making things the entire time that we are there and finally she sits to eat. They are such a great family!
Today and tomorrow I am off. Woo-Hoo!! We are going to Beth and Kevin's for Dinner since it is Brynne's Birthday. Happy Birthday Brynne!
Ben has a Jury summons that started today but when we called Friday they didn't need him today so we will call again tonight. Last time he got out of it, and I was close to being on a Jury after sitting in the jury room all day waiting and watching movies. Well I guess that this is good for a first post. Type at you all later.


Anna

No comments: