So, here we are two weeks before my due date and all I can think about is the fact that by this time with Katelynn, she was in my arms, and not still in my belly. It has been really difficult for us to say to ourselves that this delivery is going to be different than with Katelynn, since every delivery is different. I am to the point now that I am ready for him to come. Everything is ready. There are just a few odds and ends that would be nice to be done but not necessary.
Last night I went and had a prenatal massage at 9pm for an hour. It was so nice. Yes, it was late but Katelynn was asleep when I left and I didn't have to stress about anything besides getting into my bed when I got home. This morning I went and got a pedicure with baby blue nail polish for the upcoming festivities, Katelynn thinks they are pretty cool and keeps touching them. I had a nap for over an hour this afternoon which was needed, sleep hasn't been easy the past few days. I have been trying to relax my mind and my body as much as I can so that I can enjoy this time and not be a stress ball, which is very hard for me not to do.
I have my next OB appointment on Monday and hopefully there will be some good news, like things are progressing or when do you want to have this baby (which the answer would be, let's go to the hospital now!). I do think that I am now having infrequent contractions, I think I have had them for a few weeks but I just thought that it was him moving. Now, I think they are contractions, which makes me happy, so we can get this party started.
If we go off of Katelynn's height and weight he could be just about 8lbs (and just getting bigger by the day,) and getting close to 22 inches.
Lastly, I don't know how women can go past their due date and still be sane. I have two weeks to go and I am going nuts wanting to have him. I just can't rush this, just think calm thoughts, he will be here when he is ready, and he'll have a name too.
Come on little man, we all can't wait to meet you!

No comments:
Post a Comment