This is just a mish mash of thoughts I wanted to get written down before he came.
Today I got a wonderful phone call from the chipper assistant Allegra. I got bumped up to Monday at 6am. Woo-Hoo! So, about 48 hours and this party will get started.
I looked up out of curiosity about castor oil for labor induction, that doesn't sound fun at all! I don't want to be having diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. It is supposed to clear you out and by doing so clears out the uterus as well. I'll just wait till Monday.
I wonder why people have such bad feelings about being induced. I guess since having pitocin is the only way I had Katelynn since my water broke and I wasn't really dilated, pit had to do it for me. Isn't pitocin is given to many moms (I think)? What is there to freak out about, I haven't done any research on this one.
There is definitely some mixed feelings about having a newborn. Yes, I can't wait to meet him and hold him in my arms and just be with him but I am also thinking about the total chaos and stress that also comes with a newborn. I try not to stress about it but Katelynn's newborn period still haunts me. I was a nut, happy one minute and a mess the next. Hopefully, since I know what to expect I might be able to handle it better, but who knows. I will just have to take it as it comes and pray alot.
Katelynn really has no idea what is about to hit her in a couple of days. Having her comprehend what a brother is, is just not happening. She sees the carseat in the car and the pack and play in the room, but it doesn't really mean anything to her. I just feel bad that right now she has really changed her behavior to be able to play with her toys well and entertain herself for a good twenty minutes but that might change once the baby is here and all she wants to do is touch and poke him. Patience with her is going to be a must. She is Ben's shadow lately and it is so cute to watch them. I don't think Ben can see it as much, but she really takes on his language. She just started to say easy yesterday, which is so hilarious to hear. We were in the pool yesterday and Ben was teasing the dogs by saying "booshie" which is just a Ben word, and she was right next to him saying booshie to the dogs! She asks "what doing?" and "what happen?" both with great concern. She is such a cutie!
Ben doesn't know what to do. He is so concerned that I am going to go into labor at any moment, which is true, he wants to know where I am and what I am doing at all times. I know that he is glad that he doesn't have to go to work again because he has been a stress ball while he is away. His major concern is still just getting the hospital stay over with. He doesn't want to stay a moment longer than he has to. I am concerned with the delivery but just mainly because I know too much and I have seen too much at work. I know that I will breathe easier once he is safely out. I don't need to traumatize anyone else with the stories but the delivery is a MAJOR concern.

No comments:
Post a Comment