Contractions aren't the easiest thing for me to describe. I don't remember feeling any contractions until I was in full labor with Katelynn and since my water broke with her it was a done deal. To me contractions feel like a huge band gradually wrapping itself around your belly making it hard to breathe. I used to think that it was just him pressing himself in an awkward positions but that wasn't true. Then my belly isn't a round basketball during a contraction it is a lumpy awkward thing. So, Sunday night Monday morning at 1:30 I went for my nightly bathroom trip and I started to feel contractions fairly regularly for two hours. I called the MD he said to come in and see what was up. I continued to feel them till we got to the hospital at 4am. After having them pretty regularly for 4 hours they stopped. I was only dialated to a 1, 50% effaced and he was at -2 station (meaning he was high still you want a +2). So, at 6:30 we went home. That sucked. I was to have an appt with my MD later that day but it was cancelled because he was delivering someone else, how rude! I was rescheduled for Tuesday. I later found out he was delivering triplets.
My hope for the appointment was to have a plan. I HATE the unknown. So, I lost 2 pounds, which is normal I guess and am at a 18 lb weight gain, with a max of 20 lbs. Everything else was normal and how it should be. He checked me and I was the same, no difference in 24 hours and my braxton hicks had slowed down to very infrequent. After talking with the MD he said to make an appt for Monday and we will go from there, because he fully expects me to deliver this weekend. As, I was getting ready to leave the office he came up to me and said that he was going to schedule an induction for Monday instead. I was thrilled! I am ready to meet this little guy that is for sure! I later got a call from his chipper assistant (really she is extremely chipper) and she said they were full on Monday and we had to move it to Wednesday, but I am on the waiting list for Monday if someone delivers I'll take their spot. So, in the end he will be here by 8/31 by something happening or pitocin. I have an appt on Monday and we shall see if I make it to it.
I do know that I have relaxed quite a bit knowing that there is a direct end to the waiting. I was getting quite angry with the unknown, I am now taking it one day at a time and we will get there.

1 comment:
Come on crazy nameless guy, GET OUT :)
Post a Comment