I would like to know who flipped the switch in my daughter to make her a crazy woman when it comes to sleeping. Whoever you are, you will PAY!! Usually when we put her down for a nap or bed she is quite and we never hear a peep. This is not what happened this week at ALL! This all started on Sunday. We did our usual night-time routine and she starts crying and screaming and we go back and forth with trying to calm her and get her to sleep. She finally is asleep at 11pm. What is up with that? Then she decides to wake up at 2 in the morning and start the scream fest again. I end up sleeping with her, not what I want to do. She doesn't lay still for anything, she kicks and hits and moves all over ALL the time.
Monday, she has a normal nap 12:30-3:30 just fine maybe it was a fluke. Night-time comes and she screams and cries again this time she climbs out of her crib. Ah, crap! She climbs out twice. She can just heel hook it out of the crib, I watched her do it, amazonian baby that she is. Now we have to figure out what to do with that at 10:30 at night. Should we keep her in the crib, take down the side rail, or sleep with her? I ended up rocking her to sleep which I haven't done in at least 6 months. I get her in her crib put the rail back up and we are in bed at 11:30.
Tuesday, normal nap, normal bed. What in the world, who are you child?
Wednesday the worst one. I had work on Thursday, she knew that I needed sleep too, but we didn't get much of it. She finally fell asleep after her scream fest at 11, we all went to bed. 3am she starts again. Mind you all, I am trying everything, ibuprofen, rocking, singing, letting her cry, giving her some milk. Toning her out doesn't work so well. At work I can tone out the babies crying if I really need to, Katelynn, I can't. She makes me pissed, makes me sad, I just want it to stop. So, I again fall asleep with her at 4 and my alarm goes off at 5:15. Ben tries to transfer her to bed but, that didn't work she is up and poor Aunt Sarah gets to watch the crazy woman all day. Sarah tried to get her to nap to no avail, which I expected since she would rather play with the boys than sleep. Ben gets her after work and at 5pm she finds a binky climbs into his lap and passes out. Crap! He calls me at work and says we have a problem. (That is never good to hear) he tells me that she passed out at 5 and it is now 5:30 I told him to wake her up eat dinner, and get her ready for bed and keep her up until at least 6:30. He does it, she is still awake when I get home at 8. We do the bed time thing and she starts crying. I need sleep so at 9 I go in and we sleep together for the night.
Ben and I are both so fed up we don't know what is going on with her, I made a Dr appt for Friday to see if there is anything medically wrong that I have missed. We go and of course she is healthy, we turn it into our 18 month appt and since that was scheduled for a week later. He said that kids go through dependence and independence phases all through their teens so this may be her dependence phase and that we need to let her self soothe. So, we go in with another game plan. We will put her in her crib, let her cry for however long. We go for an hour and a half. 10 pm she climbs out of the crib. I go get her and we decide that we'll take off the side rail of the crib and let her roam in her room, with the light on and see what she does. I didn't hear her crying by 10:45 so I went outside her window and peeked in, since we don't have the video monitor (I want one) I wasn't sure where she would be, I thought she would be in front of the door. She wasn't she was face planted on the futon. I go in and turn off the light and let her sleep there.
Today, she started crying with her nap, which we will be keeping, at just 2 hours. She still needs it, I still need it. I rocked her and she was out in 10 min. Slid her into her crib. She didn't move in those 2 hours. For bedtime decided that we would let her roam from the beginning and see what she does. We did the bedtime thing and I laid her down on the futon and hoped for anything better. She was asleep within 20 minutes. The funny thing is, I thought that she would immediately get up from the futon and cry at the door. She didn't. We peeked again and she was laying right where I left her on the futon. If she keeps this up for a week we will be taking down the crib and looking for a twin bed. This is a whole lot sooner than I expected her to be moving to a twin bed.
Sorry this is so long and without pictures too. I hoped you liked our bedtime story.

No comments:
Post a Comment