Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving seemed a little odd this year as we didn't have Thanksgiving on the actual day. On Wednesday we ate at my parents and had a very enjoyable time there. I was in charge of making the Green Beans, Sweet Potatoes and Rolls. I used the recipes from Pioneer Woman, Paula Deen and My Mom, in that order. Everything turned out really good. I didn't use cream of mushroom soup in the green beans and I just loved them. The sweet potatoes were SWEET. Ben has been raving about them since then.
Ben's family came over to our house for dinner on Friday and as Caleb was saying the whole time, "And I knew that you wouldn't screw it up." I don't know what there was to screw up, there was food for people to eat and dinner was ready when I had said and planned it to be. The only thing I would have changed would be to have another table out. I thought that we would be using both of our tables to eat at but it turned out that one table we at at and the other we had all the food on.
I made both dishes again for Ben's family on Friday and Ben still hadn't gotten tired of them.
Katelynn had a great time playing with her cousins. She was just running around in circles trying to keep up with them. I love to see her now interact more with them and try to do what they are doing.
I did do a little shopping for me mainly. I have most of Christmas done already, nothing wrapped though. Katelynn is too tall for her own good so we went to Old Navy on Thursday and got some shirts for her. I think she has about 30 pairs of pants that have been handed down to her from cousins so we were good there. She also has about 25 dresses in 24 months to 2T that she is wearing, so she is good there too. her shirts were just midriffs and 3/4 sleeves. She is covered now though. I also went to Micheals and got some stuff for my first Activity day with Primary that is this Saturday. We are doing a craft day so we shall see how that all turns out. I will be glad when it is over. There has been alot of things to plan for and make sure we have.
Friday I went to Bath and Body Works and got some more stuff for me.
We had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the time that we had with our family.

Oh, yes! I almost forgot our drama for the weekend. The weather changed DRAMATICALLY last week and we had been doing some stuff in the garage so I didn't park in the garage like I usually do. Wednesday night it was 28 degrees for the low. I woke up Thursday morning to head over to my parents and hang out with them and the car won't start. The battery is dead. Since it is Thanksgiving everything is closed that would have a battery and Ben wanted to check ad make sure that it wasn't the alternator that wasn't working first. So, we jumped the car a few times Thursday and got a new battery Friday. I guess three years is a good life for a battery and we learned that extreme temperatures can bring out the bad side in batteries.

No comments: