Monday, March 22, 2010

Short Stories

Distracted Daddy

Every night I give Katelynn a shower with me and when we are finished Ben takes her to get ready for bed then she gets her bedtime bottle. This night was no different I got her from Ben and when I put her back against me I felt something large and poky so I stuck my hand down her PJ's and pulled out a toy figure that was use to distract her during diaper changes. Wait it gets better. I put her down on the floor after she finishes her bottle and notice that her bum looks a little thin. Ben forgot to put her diaper on! That would have been great to wake up to! I brought her over to Ben and showed her bum to him and he immediately was surprised and said, "I forgot her diaper!"

Cousins

Katelynn has now started recognizing her cousins. It is so cute she just gets so excited when she sees them she starts squealing and trying to get to them any way she can. Now that we are in Beth and Kevin's ward we see them at church. One Sunday we sat next to them in church, that didn't go so well since Katelynn doesn't quite understand playing quietly and Brynne does try very hard to be quite but they both just giggle so much when they are together. Yesterday we were sitting on a side bench and Beth, Tara and Brynne were in the middle on the same row. Katelynn didn't notice them until the talks began. When she saw them she wouldn't sit still and was squealing so loud. Tara and Brynne just smiled and giggled quietly at her. I thought that it was cute that she knew who they were but it wasn't quite the most appropriate thing in the middle of Sacrament Meeting. She is now at the "crazy child in church" time of her life.

No comments: