My Dad. he has epilepsy and has had it since he was a kid. He is able to tell when a seizure is coming so as to protect himself. A few years ago he didn't sit down and broke his leg. Last week on Tuesday he fell again and this is his worst EVER!!! He went down hitting his knee first and then hitting his forehead with enough force to fracture his neck. When my mom got to him moments after his was a limp noodle and 911 was called. Wednesday morning he was transferred up to Oakland to have rods and oins placed in his neck. Ben was able to represent the the kids and gave my mom a blessing and was a support until they left in at about 10. Saturday the surgery was done it too 6 and a half hours. My mom has been up with him everyday and has been a super support for everyone. I am so amazed with my mom and how strong she has been through everything. Sarah and Mike went up and saw them on Sunday and Sarah said it wasn't a pretty site, which I thought so. Today he was sat up in bed and was unable to support himself. He still has some swelling so that might be why but there is also some spinal cord damage he has more feeling in his right then in his left side. He is able to tell when someone touches him but was unable to sign for the surgical consent. This is going to be a very long process. He will be in Oakland for a couple more days and then will be tranferred to Valejo for spinal cord rehab. He has been aproved for 100 day of rehab with insurance. I hope that will be enough. The doctors are positive that he can gain most of his movement back since he has feeling now but it will take alot of work. We are hoping to make it up in Wednesday or Thursday. That is what is happening with my dad.
Ben now will be off for a few weeks now, not because of Katelynn though. He probably has a torn miniscus in his left leg. He has an MRI tomorrow and it will be reviewed on Friday with us, hopefully sooner if there is a cancelation. He is on crutches and can't walk on it or straighten his leg. He will probably need to have surgery on it. Yeah, I know, and we have a newborn. I am glad that I have a few weeks off to take care of them both. That is all for us now I will talk to you all later and update you as everything progresses.

6 comments:
My goodness! When it rains, it pours. Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he recovers quickly and Ben too. Let me know if I can do anything for you or if you need some meals brought in or something.
You should try proof reading your blog before you publish it. It is hard to read.
Oh Anna! I am sorry about all of this. I know what you are going through though. What happened to Ben? Maybe if I read your blog more often I would know...Take care and give that sweet Katelynn kisses and luvins from us!
Hey Anna! Miss you guys already. We are wishing your Dad and Ben speedy recoveries! Hugs!
Erin
P.S. People who leave mean comments stink! Badly! Especially as "Anonymous".
I think Anonymous should just not read your Blog if it is "hard" to read.
Once again....SORRY!
Post a Comment