Thursday, December 4, 2008

Updates

I have been away for so long, but posting, but not all that I want to post. So, I am here now to update the past week of events.

A couple Sundays ago we had Thanksgiving with Ben's family. We were walking up to the door and I could smell BBQ, I thought hum, maybe that is the neighbor. Nope. The turkey got burned, singed, blackened, however you want to call it, pork chops were being cooked so there would be meat for the meal. Some turkey was salvaged and was somkey but good. Other than that it was a wonderful meal and we played spoons after dinner. How did the Pumpkin pie turn out you ask? Wonderfully. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. I thought that there was a little too much nutmeg but other than that it will be made again. And what do we have? Pictures of course.





Then came Tuesday I had another appointment. This was with the Nurse Practioner. I will be with her until probably the due date. Everything is just fine. Ben was there and was able to hear the heartbeat for the first time. At the office he jokingly asked if she was sure it was the heart beat and not another radio freguency. Later, when I asked him about it he thought that it was cool. It is definitly cool to hear it. I had to ask about the chance for miscarriage now and she said it was very minimal, which I knew but still had to ask. Now I am just waiting to feel it move. Second timers can feel it now, first timers more likely at 18 or 20 weeks. The second ultrasound appointment has also been made for the 22nd but we won't find out what it is until Christmas day. That will be a Christmas present to us.

Wednesday we had Thanksgiving with my family at our house. We had a good time. The food was good and the company was good. The stuffing that I made was gross, I didn't like it at all. I didn't want to do stove top but if I do stuffing again I might do Mrs Cubbisons with something added. I won't worry about it though and of course here is a couple of pics from that day.





We already know that I worked and was sick on Thursday and Friday. Friday night I picked up the Girls and we spent the rest of the weekend with them. Saturday I tried to lay low but we did head into town and check out the deals. We got ourselves a recliner. That is probably the biggest single purchase that I wanted to make before the baby came. I knew I wanted to be comfortable and for it to last a long time and the Fresno store was closing so we were able to get a good deal. It will be here in about 2-4 weeks which will be perfect.

I have had to do some shopping for the baby this week as alot of things have been on sale like the swing and diaper bag that I wanted. Then with the day after Christmas sales hopefully I will be able to get some other things I want.

Back to the girls. We had a great time with them and they LOVE our dogs, and I am sure the feeling is mutual. I don't think they have gotten this much exercise in a long time. They were probably asleep all Monday since the girls tuckered them out so much. We also got our Christmas tree and they helped us decorate it. It looks so nice. I am very happy with it this year. Of course the pics.




The pic with Brynne is hilarious because she was tring to tell Bruno to drop the ball but since she is so small and has such a small voice he is totally ignoring her. She went out there by herself and immediatley had to run around the track because they were wanting to play and sniff and lick her and she didn't quite want that. We all had fun.

Yesterday we put up the lights outside and hopefully we will take some pictures today so I can get the cards ready and shipped tomorrow. I finished the Calendar for my family and I love how it turned out this year. And of course I will show you.













I think that this is about it. I hope you enjoyed this week in review. Type at you all later.

Anna

3 comments:

Beth Swann said...

Thanks for all the updates! And your calendar looks great!

Amy Nielson said...

I love your calendar. It looks great! Where do you get it printed? So how come you are only meeting with the nurse until the end? They alternate me between the nurse & the doctor. I didn't feel my first baby move until like 22 weeks. Hopefully its sooner for you. :)

Beth Swann said...

Can you e-mail me the pics from Thanksgiving that you took? I don't have any of me whatsoever and I'd love more variety. Thanks!