To start this off I have my favorite Christmas Cookie Recipe. We would always make these as kids and I LOVE them. They are a thicker type of cookie, meaning you need something to wash it down with.
Kiss Thumbprints

1 cup sugar
2 cups butter softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
4 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
42 chocolate kisses
In large bowl, beat sugar, margarine, vanilla and eggs until light and fluffy. Add flour and baking powder, stir until mixture forms a smooth dough. Refrigerate dough 30 minutes. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. With thumb, make imprint in center of each cookie. Bake at 350 for 11 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned around edge and set. Place chocolate kiss candy in center of each cookie. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; cool completely. 3 1/2dozen.
My notes:
You want to put the kiss on the cookie when it is warm so it melts a little and sticks to the cookie. I also like to put them in the freezer and eat them cold.
In other news and events I am heading off to Max and Jesse's Birthday Party and will report on that later. We also have less than two weeks until we find out what we are having. So far this pregnancy thing has been going by very nicely, time wise. I am not looking forward to the last four weeks though when I am off of work and just waiting for the kid to get here. Hey, did you know that most babies in the world are born happy and healthy? I guess working in a NICU gives me such a warped view point. I always have to remind myself that the population I see is very small in the whole scheme of live births. It is getting more and more exciting though, five months and this little one will be here.
I also ordered a diaper bag off of the internet without seeing it and regret it. I had to take it back to babies r us. is was about the size of the one you get from the hospital, which is useable and nice but I was hoping for something bigger, I had been looking at it and it was on sale so that is why I got it. So I had a 20% off coupon from babies r us that was only good that night so I had to find something to buy and I was a little rushed and couldn't find another diaper bag that I liked to I had to hunt for something else. We got the bumbo.

When Becca was here in June with the Family she brough that for Lily and she loved it and so did Ben. Ben decided that he would want theat for himself if then made it. So, after looking in the store for twenty minutes we finally stumbled on this and left. And yes we got it in Bright Green too.
I will be leaving you now but will leave with a LO. I have started getting back into scrapbooking again. I took a break during the frist trimester when it really didn't sound fun to do then. Talk to you all later.


Anna

3 comments:
You'll love the Bumbo...we still do. Josey still sits in it although she gets in it by herself, and she knows how to get out. It was nice when she couldn't, that way she could sit in it while I showered and I knew where she was.
Hey I am not sure if you have ever looked at Petunia Pickle Bottom Diaper Bags, but they are awesome!
Thank you very much for the cookies, couldn't remember if I told you that, your gift is still a hit around here, they haven't even played with the Buzz toys I got them :( I like the receipe idea too, I need some new ones. You are almost half way through your pregnancy, wow! It's down hill from here, and maybe up hill too at times. Love you.
Post a Comment