Friday, December 19, 2008

Monday can't come soon enough

Since we have found out that I am pregnant I think that these past four weeks have been the longest I have went without seeing our hearing the baby's heartbeat. Yes, the BIG ultrasound is on Monday and finding out the sex is not the most important thing to me. I want to just SEE him or her. I just want to see the heart flutter and the baby do all sorts of twists and turns. Just to see that the baby is okay and growing fine, and I will be one happy lady. (Don't worry, I have the card for the ultrasound tech ready for her to write on, I still have six days until we know what we are having, if the baby cooperates.)

A lot of the ladies at work are asking if I feel the baby, I haven't been able to pinpoint and "Flutters" or "Gas Bubbles" just yet. Sometimes I think I feel something once and want it to repeat so that I can be sure and it never repeats so I am not for sure about it.

Ladies, I need to know the things that you hate about some baby products so I don't register for them thinking they would be wonderful and they aren't. Things that you have owned and had experience with and would never want in your house again. This is what I need to know. On the other hand I want to know the thing(s) that you LOVE, that you also wouldn't live without. I need to start looking for things more seriously at Babies r us and I need direction. Shoot looking at those diaper bags that one day was so overwhelming going through the whole store is going to be a very daunting task.

I am starting to count down the weeks until am on Maternity leave. It is about 17 weeks and I can't wait. I know I will probably be working more then, than I am now but I am going to be off for as long as I am allowed and that is what I am excited about. I hope that you are all doing good. I will talk to you all later. (Work is a little slow right now.)

Anna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will probably be one comment of a few from me because I will remember what I like and what I didn't like...as far as baby products go. If you plan on nursing, or even if you don't GET A BOPPY! I love mine and it is so nice even now that Josey is 13 1/2 months I still occasionally use it when I nurse her. And it is niuce to help them learn to sit and lay on. You don't need a baby wipes warmer...total waste of money. The baby will hate those cold wipes the first month or so (Josey really hated them) but I just ran them under warm water and it was just as good as a wipes warmer and it took all of the alcohol out so it didn't sting her sensitive skin. The Diaper Genie...total waste of money too. I never had one but my brother did and he told me it was a waste of money. That is what old Wal-Mart bags are for. You already ordered yourself a Bumbo...we love ours. I think you need a high chair too. You won't use it for a while but I think the baby needs to sit as high as you when HE starts eating cereal and such. (Notice I said HE...I think its a girl but I want you to have a boy...like my opinion matters....) ONSIES and you can't have enough socks. And if it's a girl, you need KY Jelly to stick cute little bows on her head or hair. Lotion....the new kind that Johnson and Johnsons make it cucumber melon and it smells sooooo good. Josey wears it and it has become her signature smell... OK...enough of my rambling on...
OH BTW! We didn't get your package sent until today...sorry. We weren't able to use our cards or get any cash from the bank for a while because of our identity theft situation. I am so sorry if you don't get it in time for Christmas. I hope you'll understand.
OH!!! and you need to get on FACEBOOK!
AMMY

RMCarter said...

Soooo... how did it go???? :) :) :)