Thursday, June 30, 2011

Tara is 10

A few weekends ago we celebrated Tara's 10th Birthday. Beth and Kevin had a pool party for her at their neighbor's house (Ever since we went there Ben has wished he was neighbors with them too, he loved their pool.) It is funny to think that I first started dating Ben when Tara was born. I remember holding her and wondering if I was going to be apart of her life or not.
We had a great time at the party, there was plenty of food and fun. Of, course Katelynn was quite the entertainment for all and kept Ben and I on our toes the entire time.

Ben and Katelynn


Tara Brynne and Katelynn waiting for Ben to jump.


Didn't quite like how close Katelynn was to the aftershock of the Cannonball. Needless to say Ben didn't jump in again unless I was with her.


The Birthday Girl


We have known for a while that Katelynn does not have a fear of water. Taking her to the beach last summer and she just walked right in made me realize that. So, being at a built in pool for the first time this summer I wasn't sure what to expect. Well, she wanted in as soon as she saw the pool. She was jumping in to Ben and I, sometimes when we weren't ready for her to jump to us. She soon saw all the other kids jumping in to pool on the diving board and wanted to do that too. So, she followed them to the line, got on the diving board and jumped (walked) in Ben was ready to catch her. Ben didn't push her to do it she came up with the idea herself. She did that at least five or six times.



Tara Blowing out her Candle


Eating her Cake and Ice Cream



I only had to save Katelynn once. She went into the pool without Ben and I or any adult in the water, we were all eating. I was right behind her trying to grab her from getting into the pool and she just walked in the shallow end on at the steps. My fearless little girl.

No comments: