Sunday, June 12, 2011

Phone Calls

Yesterday we cleaned the floors in the family room. Ben moved all the furniture into the dining area and so Katelynn had a huge Jungle Gym to play in. It also meant she could reach onto the Kitchen counter and get everything that was out of her reach before. I moved everything away and got the floors cleaned. Ben at some point moved the "House Phone" back to where Katelynn could reach it with her Jungle Gym. We were getting ready to move the furniture back into the front room when Ben got a phone call... from Katelynn. I went into the dining room and there she was standing on the end table with the phone up to her ear. Silly girl. She was very upset that I took the "hone" away.

Today I had to work. I called to check in on Ben and Katelynn and see what they were up to. Ben gave Katelynn the phone and she sounded surprised that I was on the phone.
She said, "Mommy?"
"Yes, Katelynn, it's mommy. I love you."
"I wa you"
"Ahhh, I miss you."
"Ahhh." She hugs the phone and gives it a kiss.
I gave her a kiss over the phone.

This was our first real conversation over the phone. She usually just plays with the phone and doesn't realize that I am trying to talk to her and Ben. My little cutie pie.

1 comment:

Sarah Mejias said...

Now that is funny. Must have hit redial :) It's also fun when the kids can talk with you over the phone and they realize what is going on and how a phone works. It backfires on you later when they say over and over, let me talk to daddy!