So, today after pulling some weeds in the back yard for a half an hour I decided to take Katelynn over to Target to check out their toy clearance they have going on right now. It is definitly hit and miss of what you might find in the clearance but I bought $160 worth of toys for only $42. I got some Christmas presents for Katelynn, I know, she already knows what she is getting since she was with me, I am such a bad mommy! And some Birthday presents. I thought I was doing pretty good until I was putting the toys in the car and Katelynn was playing with the keys. She was hitting the buttons and I didn't know which ones she was pushing since she pushed it multiple times. I put her in her car seat put the keys in the front seat, closed the doors to put the cart away and then it came, the beep that all the doors were locked and Katelynn was in the car.
Great!
Panic for a milisecond and then call Ben since he was working in Clovis today. He was in Clovis and was near the house. So, he went and got his keys from home and then came to Target to unlock the doors.
Katelynn was in the car for 17 minutes. I am just glad that it wasn't the hottest part of the day and when I put her in the car I gave her her sippy that she drank all of while we were waiting. So, she was hydrated. She didn't even care that she was inside and I was outside. There was no crying or screaming. Just her staring at me through the window wondering why I wasn't getting inside!
So, how was your day?

2 comments:
I think something like that happened to mom with damien at a gas station years ago. Glad that dad came to save the day. We live and learn as parents don't we? Glad you had your phone and a trunk load of good deals :)
That is scary! Glad Ben was close by.
Post a Comment