It was great. I was actually able to wear my bathing suit (with a little skirt) and not Freeze to death. I had forgotten my bathing suit at home but luckily enough we were able to stumble upon a Costco where I was able to find a bathing suit and a skirt, along with a portable DVD player for Katelynn. She wasn't uncontrollable at all, she was just a little stir crazy sitting in her car seat for 4 hours. Which is understandable since I was going a little crazy just being cramped in the car for four hours. We bought an Elmo movie pack and she watched most of it. She REALLY wanted to hold the screen, but I didn't want her to get into a screen mode that I didn't know how to get out of!
Since we didn't know where we were going it was a little difficult to have motivation to go, just in case everything sucked. We just didn't want a big disappointment. We finally made it to the beach after going to one "beach" that you couldn't access. So, we had a city map from the hotel and made it to "Boathouse Beach." We loved it. The weather was great. There was parking, if you got there early enough, there was a little restaurant called the Boathouse if we needed something to eat, plus showers and bathrooms. We both can't wait to go there again. Katelynn did pretty well she just wasn't really into anything except for sand! I also forgot our sand toys so that may help next time. I took her out in the waves a few times but she was getting a little nervous with the bigger waves. Ben went out bodyboarding and he caught a few good waves. We were there for just a couple hours before Katelynn really started loosing it, it was also nap time, which she never did take a nap.
Overall it was great to get away and have a great time with just us. We are going to San Clemente this weekend and Ben knows where to go so we will probably get out there sooner this time. I didn't get too many pictures but here are a couple I liked.





No comments:
Post a Comment