Monday, June 7, 2010

John and Ammy's visit

John and Ammy came and visited for a week around Memorial Day. It was so great to see them again. I must say this visit was a thousand imtes better than when they came for Katelynn's blessing last July. Two things made it better first, we were in town and didn't have to plan an hour for drive time and feel like we were stuck somewhere. Second, I wasn't a hormonal mess with a two month old baby. That second one was a biggy! We hung out alot at Beth and Kevin's in their back yard. The weather was great, it didn't really start getting hot until the last day they were here. The big hit at their house was their John Deere Tractor that the kids drive. Katelynn figured out how to climb into the tractor, but doesn't know how to drive so Josey who is a two and a half pushed the gas petal and I had to steer. Katelynn had a few rides from those who would take her, She just needs to learn how to stay seated at all times and keep her hands and arms inside the vehicle while it is moving.









On Memorial Day John and Ammy came over for a little BBQ with a little swimming for the evening. This was Katelynn's first time in the pool, since she was so little last summer any time she got in a pool she screamed since it was so cold. I knew that this year was going to be different since her favorite thing is water. It was still freezing cold water but the girls got in and Ben and John were the life guards on duty. Katelynn's little jaw was just chattering away but she did not want to get out. Ben got her out and gave her a warm bath to warm her up.




On Tuesday we went to Pismo and froze our but off there too. Everything is so different this summer since she is able to be involved and not be a bystander. I was able to find some watersocks for her and so that helped to keep her feet safe. She just walked around everywhere and checked out everything. From the sand to seaweed, to the dirty seagulls that she wanted to chase around. Ben took her out to the water and I just kept wondering when she would fall in but she didn't. She got wet up to her thighs and past her elbows. You just don't sit down much with a one year old. I kept having to chase her down away from the ocean and away from the dirty birds. We had a good time Ben got in and went body boarding but the waves sucked and it wasn't too fun in the water by himself he wants to get a wet suit for Katelynn, I don't know if they make them that small.





Wednesday Ben and I Spent 2 hours cleaning out the Subaru since neither of us could remember when we had last did that and we had just added a layer of sand to the car too. I can't believe how nice it is to drive around in a clean car. I know it won't last but I will do my best to try. We then went to Beth and Kevin's for our last night with John and Ammy before they left Thursday. We just lazed around Beth and Kevin's Back yard and enjoyed eachother.






I hope John and Ammy had a good rest of their trip.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Cute pics. Love Katelynn's bathing suit too.