Friday, January 8, 2010

8 Months

Katelynn is beginning to be my big girl. In this past week we have had to drop her crib level, she isn't pulling up yet but I know it will be soon and I don't want her falling out of the crib. We started putting her in the big tub since she was rolling around too much in the baby tub. We have her big car seat waiting in the family room to be installed and we have the stroller for her to sit up in since we won't be using the carseat stroller anymore. She is moving all around too. She is starting to perfect her army crawl and will get on to her hands and knees for just a second. She is talking a little more saying ba-ba-ba-ba and ma-ma-ma-ma and da-da-da-da. She hasn't said those thing to me yet so I don't think she knows mama yet. We may have turned a corner in her solid food eating. I am relaxing more and letting her have more from my plate and she is starting to eat better from the spoon. There are still many things I won't let her have but we are exploring her food options. She loves to feed herself and when she is getting bored with eating she will start blowing raspberries in the spoonfuls. It's great times when she is doing that. She is giggling more at us and it is so cute to hear her laugh. Her teeth are days away from coming out I am starting to see the tooth through the gums it is so close. She is such a cutie and from what everyone tells me, she is SO tall. I am around her all the time so I don't have anything to compare her to, but what else are we to expect from Ben and I. She is still wearing 12 month clothes and size three diapers. She also cut out her five am feeding and gets only four bottles a day. She won't have another Dr. appt for a month but I know she is over 20lbs. Here's a video from Wednesday of her doing all sorts of tricks for your viewing pleasure. We have army crawling, rolling, talking, playing, and flying.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Cute video. Max and Jesse liked watching Katelynn too. Looks like you've got a mover on your hands.