After Ben finally pulled me out of Carter's we made it the rest of the way down to LA. Katelynn did great on the car ride. I did have to keep her entertained in the back seat (we SO need a bigger car, but that is for different post), but we made it there in one piece.
We had a wonderful time. We had great food. We all went to a Tepanyaki Kitchen on Saturday night and REALLY enjoyed it. Ben and I had never been to one mainly because of me. I thought that the food was going to be full of spices that I didn't like. That was so not the case. It was so good that we need to find a place in town to go to that is as good. I think that we might try Japanese Kitchen next week. It is right next door to our favorite chinese place. I think that I have heard people say that it is good.
After MONTHS of going back and forth about it, Ben finally made the decision to get a new computer rig. He bought all the pieces down at Fry's and on Monday we put it together and guess what IT WORKS!! We are pretty proud of ourselves for that. It wasn't too hard either, it just took 3 hours and a couple of minor mistakes. The biggest problem was that a piece of hardware wasn't compatible with windows 7 and so Ben got a new peice and it works just fine and installed like a breeze. We are just excited that it was the products problem and not something that we did.
There are four birthdays within 2 months of eachother and we visited right in the middle of them so we brought down everyone's gifts and they were all enjoyed. I really think that Katelynn had a great time there. She was so entertained. Her cousins we always movign around her and she was having a blast watching them. Eden just loved being able to play with a girl even though Katelynn doesn't quite "play" she just scoots around and stares at everything and then puts something in her mouth. Joshua enjoyed her too and Jonah kept on saying "Katelynn" in his cute little nasally voice. Matthew and Katelynn are the closest in age and they were just scooting on top of eachother and grabbing toys from one another. We gave Matthew one of these

Katelynn loves playing with hers so she was helping Matthew learn how to play with his.
So after a great trip we had to head home. The trip was harder this time I was not entertaining enough for her and she was pretty tired from the whole trip so not in a very pleasing mood. We FINALLY made it home at 8 and she was alseep.
Here are some highlights from the trip
Mr. Jonah Man, he doesn't sit still too long.

Sharing Mr. Potato head parts

Matthew waiting for his turn on the rocking panda

Katelynn on the rocking panda

Jackson

Matthew and Katelynn playing with his Birthday present.

Katelynn was being such a wiggle worm and this is the best we got of them together

Eden

Joshua trying to teach Katelynn how to crawl. Didn't work.

Joshua

Katelynn is now getting over a cold and is doing pretty well with it she just HATES me sucking her nose and wipping her nose. She doesn't mind wiping her nose all over me though or the couches as she scoots past them. We will be going back down in just over a week and hoping for another good time. Katelynn is now awake so I will wrap this up.

No comments:
Post a Comment