I love watching Katelynn interact with her cousins. She really is amazed at what they can do and they are so intriged with her too. I wish all of the cousins could be closer.
The next was on the Sunday before Thanksgiving with Ben's family. Caleb and Heather had made a quick trip up to be with everyone but ended up leaving even earlier as their youngest started puking everywhere at church and so we were unable to see them this visit. So it was a quiet and uneventful evening, that is until Sarah came by with her boys and then the fun really started. The more kids there are the crazier things get.
Our last Thanksgiving was in Kansas with our wonderful friends the Jensen's. We had a nice relaxing time with no pressure to do anything or be anywhere. We went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast where we like the food but I really go there for their country store. it is just full of cute nik-naks that I love to have or just look at. Ben got me a Willow Tree Figurine, he was trying to check out without me seeing but that wasn't quite possible. He picked out this one for me "Our Gift"

We had Thanksgiving with Erin's family and we met Kyle, Shawn and Braxton. Braxton is almost exactly a year older than Katelynn and it always amazes me when looking at older kids what she will be doing in a few months. He was every where and was quite the little entertainer. We also went to Gates BBQ for some Kansas City BBQ. And boy was it delicious. All Ben can talk about is Burn end on Bun and the next time we're out there he might be over there more than once. We were VERY tempted to go over there before we left town but had to get to the airport. We were there Mon-Fri and it was nice to be with them.
By the way if you ever want to order pics from somewhere try mhcc they have a metallic print that is TOTALLY wicked to see. Erin has two 16 x 20's in her office that are just amazing to look at. I was so tempted to touch them to figure out what they were made of since they didn't look real. I think that when we ever get Fam pics done I will print through them.
The awesomest thing happened on our way home. After we walked from gate 88 to 28 in the Denver Airport, which let me tell you is FOREVER in that Airport it is so dagum huge. We got to our gate and found out that there were 40 empty seats to Home. So, as we boarded they moved our seats around and we had a row to ourselves. It really was a great way to end our trip being nice and comfortable and not smooshed like a sardine.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and are enjoying your Christmas Season.

2 comments:
Fun! All you talk about BBQq is making me hungry though. :) What is MHCC??
Do you guys want to come over here for dinner on the 20th? I think Ryan and Ben have been working on setting a date for dinner, and I thought (since you guys did last time) you guys might want to come over here and have a night off from cooking. :) Let me know!
Half you all had fun! Prob won't see you all for quite awhile! Glad you liked the prints in my office. They are actually 20x24s. I love them! Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment