Sunday, November 15, 2009

My "big" girl

I told you last week we had our 6 month check up. Well, everything went well and she is doing just fine. She is my big girl though. She weighs 19lbs 1oz and is now 28 and a quarter inches. That makes her about 90% for weight and 97% for height. Here lies the problem. She is growing out of clothes like a little weed. I just pulled out the 12 month clothes yesterday so that maybe we can have longer than a month to wear them. They are a little baggy but at least there is room to grow. Ben could even tell that her outfit today was 12 months because it fit so well.

A couple things I have learned about solid feeding.
1. Roll up long sleeves, orange on white doesn't go so well. Which bings me to...
2. Who thought of white clothes for infants anyways!!
3. Oxy Clean Spray is awesome for getting out stains.
4. The bigger the bib the better. Those pretty little bibs aren't for eating.
5. Smooth texture won't make her gag.
If you have anything to add, let me know.

I am so excited for a couple of reasons. Remember this from last year. Well, it took exactley a year for me to get one of these "Little People Nativity Scenes." It will be here this week and just in time for Katelynn to chew and drool all over the pieces. Woo-Hoo! I got it shipped for $22 and change. That is the cheapest I have ever seen it. If you have been wanting one check it out here at Pinching your Pennies The post is a couple down from the top. Buy one for $22 or is you know a friend who wants one get two for $37. The details are on that site and you are using two coupon codes hopefully they haven't sold out.

I am also excited for Tuesday Beth is going to help me make some head gear for Katelynn. They'll be so cute! I can't wait.

And last but certainly not least. One week until Vacation!! It'll will be quick but super fun!

I will talk to you all later.
Anna

1 comment:

Ammy said...

I wish I had some clothes to send you but all of our closthes are summer clothes. Katelyn is a big girl... I had to look through Hannah's books to compare and at 6 months Hannah was 27.5 inches long but weighed 18.5 pounds...They are close in size. Have fun making "headgear"...Wish I were there to make some too.