Sunday, November 8, 2009

6 Months

This is always sureal when I post these monthly updates. I swear i just did this yesterday for 5 months. I guess wil the holidays and her being more active time will zoom. So, I need to take the time and write down these memories. Wednesday is her six month appt and I wonder how big she is. She really is off the charts in my opinion. I think I am catching up with her but then her 9 month pajamas that she has worn only twice are being stretched in the length and her one piece 9 month outfit she is wearing today is high waters. I guess I need to pull out her 12 pajamas so she can get some wear out of them.
She is reaching for everything. Nothing is off limits. If she can reach it, its in her mouth as quick as can be. She has found her toes and can get them in her mouth. She can roll over from her back to tummy very well and in one sweeping motion but still has great difficulty getting from tummy to back. She gets frustrated very easily and wants to be off her tummy when she wants and not a moment later. I am trying to let her learn how to get over but when she is wailing there isn't much for learning. She is so much fun. Everynight when Ben and I lay down for bed we always talk about how she is just the cutest thing ever, which of course she is!
I love it when she gets a hold of her binky and takes it out of her mouth and tries to put it back in. She always ends up on the sides or the back.
She is just starting to sit up on her own. Today was the longest I had seen her do it for a minute. Probably in the next month she will be rolling better and sitting. I am hoping that crawling is far away I like her being immobile ar at least slow.
Right now she either has a cold or she is teething. She sounds miserable but really hasn't been too irritable. Just a little runny nose, that she may have got from Ben or the teething runny nose. Then again people say she has been teething for the past three months and not one tooth yet. She has started sucking on her bottom lip and looks so cute doing that too. I will miss her gummy smile though.
The other thing that I love is when we put her to bed she always sticks her legs straight up in the air to turn on to her left side. She gets so excited in the crib and starts pounding on the mattress. She is so much fun and we just love her so much. Happy Half Birthday Katelynn!!






Since I forgot to add her 6 month stats here they are. She is 19 lbs 1 oz and 28.25 inches.

No comments: