Thursday, September 24, 2009

Is it just me??

Or does she really have feeding problem? I don't know. Feeding her has been the bane of my exisitance since she was born. I truly have been ruined by work. All of the kids there eat every three hours their perscribed amount every time and then we move on. Guess what in the real world that doesn't happen. I really never know what she wants to eat or when.
For the past 19 weeks feeding has been torture, 10 weeks of nursing and then 9 weeks of trying to schedule her. Guess what? She really doesn't want to be scheduled and waiting three hours to eat never happens. So, we had been using costco's formula and it was a fight. Whenever we went to feed her because she was going insane and nothing else was working she would go even more crazy and Ben had an even harder time feeding her. In the back of my mind I kept wanting to change her formula but didn't want to because of the cost. I finally said screw it and gave her some lactose free formula and it has been alot better feeding her. We may be on to something. I also think that she might have a little bit of reflux. She isn't puking her whole bottle but usually something. So, she is now eating every 2 to 2.5 hours usually four ounces. The worst feeding for some reason is the morning one she will only eat 2 ounces and I usually wait a half hour to an hour to feed her.
I am just rambling but am glad that she is at least eating decently. I just worry since I want her to be nice when others are watching her
On a side note now I have to figure out something to do with Katelynn tomorrow because I have stupid jury duty!!!! Oh, I am so pissed. I feel like I just did this a year ago. Now I have to sit the in the waiting room all day for nothing. This really sucks!

2 comments:

mommydock said...

I can relate to your frustration. I had a similar experience with Abby. Being a first time mom is really hard. Don't get discouraged, you are doing a great job. I have seen your baby's pictures and she looks great.

Besh Wishes,
Dalila

Erin J said...

Hang in there! I know it sounds lame, but she is truly a blessing everyone may not have to chance to experience.