Yesterday I went to work. I had been DREADING it for the past few weeks and REALLY didn't want to go. But I also knew that it would probably be a good thing for me. It wasn't a full 14 hour day, so it was nice to ease into it again. I got there at seven without any tears, which surprised me since I had been crying about it up to a few days before. Katelynn stayed with Ben, I think that was the most helpful as I hadn't been away from her for any amount of time and I was glad that he got to watch her and relieve my stress about the whole thing.
So, what did I do at work?? Read 332 e-mails, which took 3 hours. Took a break, got a PPD test, and a tetnus/pertussis vaccine. Talked with my manager to make sure my status was correct, which it wasn't, got that fixed. Ben and Katelynn met me for lunch, which was wonderful. Then I went to a four hour computer training class that that turned into mush very quickly in my brain. It is a new charting system that goes live Oct 1. I am glad I work Sept 30 and won't be back for a few days, so that some kinks can be worked out by then.
After the class I went back upstairs and got my schedule figured out until the middle of Nov. I climbed those stairs three times, at least, getting things figured out. The big full day of work will be next Sat with Ben watching her again. He said he had a good day and nothing crazy happened. He was really worried that she would somehow get sick while he was watching her and need to call and talk to me and wouldn't be able to get a hold of me. Nothing like that happened though.
I still have, I don't know how many mandatory quizzes that I have to do then I will be back on track at work. I think that I have a few weeks to get those done. We all survived me being at work and that is what matters. Talk to you all later.
Anna

No comments:
Post a Comment