Friday, July 10, 2009

2 months

Katelynn is now two months old and just getting bigger and bigger. I worried allot. I mean ALLOT about nursing and if she was getting enough. I am getting more and more confident that she is. I am always carrying around a bottle just in case though. Every once and a while she will actually eat it all (2 oz) she usually just nibbles on it, not even an oz most of the time. She poops and pees and farts, so she must be doing okay. It is the NICU nurse in me that wants to see numbers and equations to really make sure she is getting enough.
She is wearing 3-6 month clothes, and just started size 2 diapers. We have her 2 month appt on Tuesday where we will see how much she weighs. Her bedtime is 8pm and she knows it. We have our routine, eat, bath or face wash, change diaper, get in pj's, read a book, say prayers, and goodnight kisses. She will sleep until one and eat, and eat at four and we wake up for the day at about 7:30.
I am still getting used to the fact that she likes to be awake for an hour to an hour and a half and then sleep for about the same. Just yesterday when I laid her on her play mat she rolled up on her side. I haven't seen her do it but I know I put her on her back.
She loves to be talked too and sung too. I only know a few nursery songs so I need to find a cd or something that can teach us both some more. I was wanting to ask Ammy about that when she was here since she is the nursery rhyme queen in my eyes, but I think that she only knows them from memory.
She is getting better and better everyday at smiling and laughing and cooing. She loves to swat at her hanging toys she can really get those going. She hates tummy time, I can sing the alphabet and then she is ready to get up.
We had her blessing on the fourth and I will share that story and pictures later but as for now it is time for bed. I will talk to you later.
Anna

3 comments:

RMCarter said...

Hi there! Don't worry about the lesson thing. As you read, I got presents out of it. ;)

Looking forward to seeing Katelynn on Sunday. I bet she has grown so much since I last saw her!!

Ammy said...

How do you figure that I am the Nursery Rhyme Queen???

Sarah Mejias said...

That was how Max and Jesse were, eat, play a little, then it was nap time again. Enjoy that while it lasts :) Naps slowly dwindle away. Glad she is starting to get into a routine, you are probably more glad than me.