Showered
On Sat I had my family baby shower, with the help of everyone in the family to put it together. I truly appreciate all the work and effort everyone made to have the shower and to come. Thanks everyone! Beth made the cutest favors. I really loved them.
The gift that I was most surprised by was a quilt that my sister Sarah MADE. Sarah is the one that has no real sewing, crafty desires out of the three sisters. If she does she hides it, and maybe since she has the boys she doesn't do this more anyways. Here is me with the surprised look on my face asking her if she made it, and then turning to my mom and saying with you right by her side right. They both laughed since they knew it was true that Sarah would need our mom's help with it. They even placed a 'K' in the center with the pink squares. It is sideways in the pic.


The other gift I loved was a onesie and bib set that was embroidered with Katelynn's name on it. I blinked in the pic but oh well. I can't wait until she gets big enough to wear it.

There was a lot of pink and girly bows bigger than her head, useful things like bath stuff and Tylenol and a boppy and books, you can never have enough of those. I am so appreciative of everything that I received and I think we might be getting closer to being "ready" for her.
On a Mission
Beth came by after the shower and decided that we were going to put together the crib. And so we did after quite a bit of reading and re-reading the instructions we think that it will be safe enough for Katelynn. Then we got started on the dresser. Had a mistake there and we finally got the frame together. Ben and I later put the drawers together. I am so happy about the dresser it is the perfect height to be the changing table and it will hold quite a bit of stuff to. The only problem was it came with boring black handles. So I went hunting for knobs in stores and nothing was saying buy me. So I found these handles on etsy.com and am so happy. I know I could probably make these myself but I don't want to.

Sorry no pic of the nursery yet. I want to get the knobs and then I'll post it and then it is quite the mess right now with clothes being organized and blankets needing to be washed. Soon though.
Turn Baby Turn
I had my ob appt on Tues and nothing too exciting, but she is sideways. So, Katelynn needs some persuasion to turn and head down would be preferable. I guess only 3-4% of babies are malpositioned at delivery so there is still a high chance that she will still turn.
Tomorrow
Saturday is going to be a fun day. Ben has the REI garage sale in the morning. I am going to stop by and check out the goods at 10. He'll be there alot earlier than that. Then I am going to Old Town for the Arts and Crafts fair and probably a tri-tip sandwich. I am hoping to find some things that I don't need but want for Katelynn :) Then I am heading to a Baby shower for a co-worker. There is three showers in three weeks at work. This is #2. Mine is on Wed.
Last but not least
If you made it this far, I am proud. Here is my belly shot from Sat at 32 weeks. Dear, I am "heavy with child" as Ben says. I guess that this is what is supposed to happen, right?? :)

I will talk to you all later.
Anna

4 comments:
Sorry I missed the shower. I'm pretty miserable. Don't worry about the sideways baby...Oliver was that way. He had no problem heading down. Keep us posted.
You are so cute with your little bun in the oven! I like the hair too!
I'm glad you liked the blanket and you gave the reaction I was hoping for too. It was hard keeping it a secret for so long too. Glad I was able to make a blanket for my sis who's made me some baby blankets.
You still have time for her to turn. Josey and Hannah both kept turning and it wasn't til they were 36 weeks that they actually turned.
Post a Comment