Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sneak Peek

Work has REALLY started to freak me out. Before it was just work and I felt bad for some of the kids and some kids went home great. Now it is starting to hit me closer and closer. I know that I had my detailed ultrasound at 19 weeks with the best tech at work, but still do they really see all the problems then? Wouldn't one later be better, When they are more developed? So, I asked another tech at work if I could get a quick sneak peek and have some relief. I don't think people outside of my profession really understand how extremely lucky it is to have a normal healthy baby, but then only 1% of babies really need the NICU for help. Here is a random sampling for things I see at work:

intestines outside of the belly, 22 week gestation babies, spines outside the spinal column, one eyeball with multiple other problems, intestines not connecting to your bum, no brain, holes in the brain, so many syndromes that downs syndrome it the best one to have (in my opinion). Really and truly Heavenly Father is amazing for putting together all of these complex bodies of ours. It truly amazes me of all the possibilities that can go wrong and when it does go wrong most of the time medicine can fix it but others it can only be fixed by Heavenly Father.

So I got my sneak peek on Wed to ease my mind, and it did, she is still perfect and I will let that be.


This is the best profile I have of her and I have been looking at it alot. I don't think I will get another ultrasound unless we need one to determine size. (She ain't going to be a peanut, maybe a walnut). Did I tell you guys that I looked in our baby books and found out that I was 9 lbs 1 oz and 22 in Ben was 9 lb 2 oz and 22.5 in. She'll be healthy. I better go I will type at you all later.

Anna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She may not be big...but probably. I remember when my midwife broke my water (with Hannah) she said that she was going to be a big baby...she ended up being 7 lbs 14 oz and 22 ". So I thought Josey would be big too...but she was just 7 lbs. That is still big. My nephew was 12 lbs...now that is HUGE...just hope that you don't go into labor early just for the sake of not having a smaller baby. The longer she can stay in you, the healthier she will be. (But you, of all people, should know that)
Ammy

Erin J said...

You two were some big babies! I was 7lbs 2oz and I have been making up for it ever since! AHHHH, I am SO excited for you two I could just scream... well I think that I did! Miss you! You invites should be deliver to me this week and I will mail them out to you this weekend and give to total price for it all! Miss you TONS! Tell Ben hi!