The past two days at work I have heard this song and it makes me laugh every time I hear it. It always reminds me of when Erin was here in March. That was when I really listened to the words and when I fell in love with it.
Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
(Rupert Holmes)
I was tired of my lady, we'd been together too long.
Like a worn-out recording, of a favorite song.
So while she lay there sleeping, I read the paper in bed.
And in the personals column, there was this letter I read:
"If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain.
If you're not into yoga, if you have half-a-brain.
If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape.
I'm the lady you've looked for, write to me, and escape."
I didn't think about my lady, I know that sounds kind of mean.
But me and my old lady, had fallen into the same old dull routine.
So I wrote to the paper, took out a personal ad.
And though I'm nobody's poet, I thought it wasn't half-bad.
"Yes, I like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain.
I'm not much into health food, I am into champagne.
I've got to meet you by tomorrow noon, and cut through all this red tape.
At a bar called O'Malley's, where we'll plan our escape."
So I waited with high hopes, then she walked in the place.
I knew her smile in an instant, I knew the curve of her face.
It was my own lovely lady, and she said, "Oh, it's you."
And we laughed for a moment, and I said, "I never knew"..
"That you liked Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain.
And the feel of the ocean, and the taste of champagne.
If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape.
You're the love that I've looked for, come with me, and escape."
"If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain.
If you're not into yoga, if you have half-a-brain.
If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape.
You're the love that I've looked for, come with me, and escape."
I am trying to figure out what I am going to be doing tomorrow It is just easier to write it all out and have a list so then I can feel accomplished. I love lists. I love to check things off.
~ Heather is in town maybe just until tomorrow and so I want to see her and the kids. I don't know when I will see her after this visit.
~ I have 25 lbs of ripe peaches on my counter that I need to get canned. I really don't want to have 25 lbs of rotten peaches on my counter.
~ I have to go to work and get my annual TB Test read by 11:30
~ If I am in town I might as well go to Costco and I have some coupons that I want to use.
~ What's for Dinner?
~ The Lawn really needs to be mowed
~ I used the rest of my gift card to sweet shoppe this weekend and I really want to do some scrapbooking. I got these kits. Lil buddies, Sunday Afternoon, and He said/She Said.
~ I am going to go biking around the neighborhood with Jade, she wants to go ten miles, I hope I will make it on to my bike.
~ I really should call some people and see how they are doing.
Who knows what I will get done but at least I have an idea of what I want to do.
Type at you all later.
Anna

No comments:
Post a Comment