* Mark had his speech/development evaluation this week and it went better than I was hoping for. Pretty much it was an hour long evaluation of how he was developing. I was asked all sorts of questions from does he like to rough house, can he take off his socks, if I ask him to pick up or get a certain object will he do it. There was a counselor, a doctor and a speech therapist in the room playing with him and checking out all the things that he could or could not do.
In the end they told me that he was tracking in all areas between 17-24 months except for speech where he was at 12 months. There are no markers for Autism either. So, he qualifies for some help for his speech. We should get a call within the week to see what will happen next. I thought the whole process was very reassuring of how he was doing, and it was really nice to know how well he was developing according to the common milestones.
* I was making our bed and Mark was in it and laid on the pillows, closed his eyes and pretended to sleep making blowing noises.
* Katelynn came into our room in the middle of the night. I got her back in her room and asked her why she was awake and she said a witch scared her. I hate her having bad dreams. I know I didn't like them growing up, I hope she doesn't have them too often.
* Family came this weekend and I was lucky enough to get off work a few hours early so I could visit.
* A friend of ours asked Katelynn about Disneyland and if she had a good time and all she could remember was the balloon that she got!


No comments:
Post a Comment