Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

This was my favorite Mother's Day of the three that I have been a Mom for. The first one Katelynn was two days old and I wasn't quite feeling like a "mom" yet. I wasn't feeling much of anything, I was just going on steam then.
Last year was Katelynn's first Birthday and we had her party that same weekend. That was not a nice and relaxing weekend at all. It was fun, but a lot of work.
This year we got it right. Since Katelynn's party was done I wasn't putting that together all day Saturday. Instead, Ben took care of Katelynn in the morning and I got my Mother's day gifts finished for our mom's. Ben took her out for an hour or so and I went digital scrapbook shopping. It just so happened that the first Saturday in May is National Scrapbooking Day where all the digital shops have sales and freebies. So, I checked some stuff out in the morning.
We had planned on Ben Katelynn and I meeting my parents for lunch, but when Ben came home from Target he came up with a good idea. I go by myself and enjoy lunch with my parents. After thinking about it for a minute, it did sound like a good idea. Being able to eat without having to wrangle Katelynn and feel totally hurried during the meal. That would be a treat. So, I went and had a great lunch with my mom and dad.
When I got home, Beth came over and we checked out the digital shoppes together and had a nice time together.
I didn't make dinner.
Saturday was really my Mother's Day. It was really nice. The gift of me time was all I wanted.

On Sunday we all went to my parents in the morning and gave my Mom her mother's day gift and took a picture together.



It took some fruit snacks and not holding her and we ended up with a good picture.



We went to church and then to Beth and Kevin's for dinner where Kevin made some Cabbage rolls, garlic bread and we had Ice Cream Cake for Dessert.

It really was a great weekend. So, we probably won't have Katelynn's Birthday Party and Mother's Day on the same weekend. I was nice to separate them.

No comments: