Her vocabulary is at least 50-100 words. Some of my favorites are: "booshie" which means flowers and/or butterflies (don't ask me where that came from) "stoar" star, "haort" heart, "eaor" ear, "siwwy" silly and "han(s)" hand(s).
She is learning more about numbers and letters and loves when I sing abc's. Most numbers are "9" and most letters are "O." She likes when I draw on the magna doodle the letters and numbers.
She loves to climb or be on top of anything.
Sacrament meeting is really hard for us all. I can't remember the last time we were in the chapel for the entire meeting. It is a good Sunday if we make it through sacrament being passed. I have things to color, books, "sunday" toys, and puzzles. If we try to keep her still or in the pew she just gets louder and louder. We haven't figured out what will keep her entertained for that hour.
Hugs. She loves to give them and receive them and she uses it against you too. She will want a hug when she is hurt or she'll come up to you and say "huuugg" and squeeze you say, "oh, baby" It also means I want you to pick me up so that I can be higher and get into what ever you are doing. Last week for her birthday she recived a book about emotions with the Sesame Street characters. There is a page where Elmo has a sad face. We talked about sad and she then gave the book a hug and said, "oh, baby" I have since then noticed her giving hugs to random objects throughout the house like door frames, the refrigerator, her babies, then last night when she was taking her bath she gave a hug to the water faucet in the tub and the handle to turn the water on and off with. I don't know where she got these ideas from.
On Sunday, since we already had her party we still wanted to celebrate her Birthday so we had some eggos for breakfast and I stuck two candles in it and we sang "Happy Birthday" to her. She Loved it. She probably was wondering why we didn't have candles all the time.




I am so grateful for Katelynn and the love and happiness that she has brought to our family. It is definitely not easy to be a parent but, it is worth it. It is going to be hard when the baby comes home and I can't focus on her all the time anymore, but having a sibling will be great for her.

No comments:
Post a Comment