I have finally found a moment to check in on all of you. Did you miss me?? These past two weeks have been so full and busy, but alot of fun too. Here goes the recap.
It all started on Feb 21, Ben's Grandma died. On Sunday we went to her gravesite with Beth, Kevin, Tara, Brynne, Mary and RW to dedicate the grave since there wasn't going to be any graveside services (long twisted story about why, won't bore you with family drama let's just say it wasn't Ben's families fault). We knew where she was being buried since her husband died before her. RW dedicated it and we spent a few minutes talking and Tara and Brynne played in the cemetary checking out the other gravestones.
We left for Utah and Idaho on Monday. We were in Utah until Friday night. We stayed with Emelie (Nate's Fiancee) Tuesday Ben and Nate went snowboarding and I went to the Salt Lake Temple and did a session there. I had never been in there before. It was a little amazing to think about the history of that building and all the sacrifices that were made to build it. It was such a nice feeling to be there and in the temple. I know that after Katelynn comes going to the temple will be alot harder. I went with Emelie to Ikea that evening to check out there cribs and furniture and decided that there cribs were not made for people that are 6 feet tall. The total height of the crib was 3 feet. That was a little too low for me. I did find a three drawer dresser/changing table that I liked. That night I did a little research and found out that if I were to ship the dresser it would be the price of two and a half dressers. After a little more looking I fould out that there was an Ikea 13 miles from the airport when we went home so I was able to talk Ben into picking it up on the way home.
Wednesday I went with Ben and Nate. While they went snow boarding I was able to do some scrapbooking. I did a few more pages and was very proud of myself for that. Thursday Ben and I packed up from Emelie's and did some shopping around Salt Lake. We were planning on meeting Chet and Becca at about 4 but they had some wicked tire issues and didn't get into Salt Lake until 7. We ate at Cracker Barrel and then went to Park City where Ben and Chet went snow boarding and Becca, Owen, Lily and I went to the Park City Outlets on Friday. Becca and I were very proud of our shopping experience we spent a combined total of $300 on kids clothes with a retail price of $1050. I can't believe how much we saved. We went to Carter's, OshKosh, Gymboree, The Children's Place, Old Navy, Gap and a couple other places. We saved the most at The Children's place as there were having a $2.99 sale. So Katelynn will not be naked, Lily will be using the clothes though before Katelynn does so as I will be getting clothes for a while. Becca is already planning on going to the outlets again next Feb, but without kids as she will have three at that point adnd would probably be a little harder to handle.
I do think that I am going to take a break for now though and finish up later this week. I hope you are all doing well. Type at you all later.
Anna

2 comments:
Oh I miss Utah. I loved living there. I love the Salt Lake Temple although it is a bit intimidating the first time going there. I have a total embarrassing story about that for another time. The Park City Outlets are great too. I don't think any around here are as nice. Sounds like you had a great time.
Anna I just wanted to thank you for sending me an invite to the shower...it means a lot...it makes me feel included even though I'm not. I felt bad about TOTALLY missing out on Jennifers and now I will miss yours too. Hope all is going well...
Miss ya!
Ammy
Post a Comment