Saturday, August 9, 2008

Summer Book Club

I never realize how much I like reading until the summer. This year it has taken off more than ever. I read the Harry Potter Series last summer and that was it and moved on. This summer I have brodened my horizons. It all started with the Twilight series as we have all heard too much about. (I have finished the fourth book and have mixed feelings about it. It could have been so much better, but I will probably read the series again.) Then with our Jane Austen addiction lately, I read Northanger Abby, (short, won't read again). We borrowed two copies of that movie from the library, the newer one we watched and it was alright, I won't buy it, the older one was HORRID!! We couldn't even watch twenty min of it before we turned it off, badly done.

I also read two Nicholas Sparks books, the Guardian and Nights in Roadanthe. The second one is turning into a movie in September. He also wrote The Notebook and Message in a Bottle. I like to read Nicholas Sparks books but I never read them again so the library it a great thing, I can read it and turn it back in, and since his books are so easy to read it is a nice break. The County lib has a great thing where I can find the book I want to read on the internet, request it through their site and wait for it to be delivered to my lib. As long as it isn't something that I want NOW, it works great. I haven't had anything that I wanted that badley. I can also have a wish list of books so that I don't have to remember all the books I want to get and then they won't all be ready at the same time. Libraries are great.

I just finished Mansfield Park by Jane Austen, I liked it, might read again. The movies will be here next week then I'll rate those for ya. Now I am starting The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger I have only read 10 pages so we shall se how it goes. This will be a movie releasing Christmas Day. For the moment I am liking books that become movies, since if they are becoming a movie then it should be a half way decent book, and usually the book is better than the movie.

Enough with the books already what else have I been up to? .... That is about it. Well, not exactly but it is the gist of it all. We have had the freezer for about a week and I haven't filled it yet but I am working really hard to do it. I went to Rich's outlet bakery and picked up some Pizza crust and rolls, I know you are all wondering why I didn't get the cinnamon rolls too, well I didn't need 100 rolls staring me down.

The trip to Nelder Grove Today was relaxing. We went on a mile hike and I took a few pics and we had a couple take a pic of us and then my battery died. Yeah, I am lame I really should have checked that out.

Last week while I was checking out my scrapbooking sites there was a link to the Disney Outlet store and I found this


This is for Lily, for Halloween. Becca was a Tinkerbell for years for Halloween and so I thought this would be great for Lily. Becca got it Friday and loves it. Well I have to get going, but of course I will leave with my layout of the week, I really hope to be on here before next Sat.


I love this LO. Hope you do too Sarah. It is Jesse last Memorial Day.
Type at you all later.

Anna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I like it, sorry I left on ya Saturday. I just had to get the books.