Friday, February 1, 2008

Catch Up

Last weekend Ben was supposed to take the Scouts Snow camping, well that didn't happen. Thursday night he cancelled the trip because of weather. Well, then comes Friday and it is a nice day, and then Saturday was a gorgeous day without a cloud in the sky. Ben has been kicking himself for not going up last week it was so gorgeous. All the smog was rained out of the air and you could see the entire Mountian range. I really should have taken a picture. Time was just going by so fast on Sat before I knew it we were heading out to pick up Tara and Brynne to watch them for a couple of nights.

We had a great time watching the girls. Of course Tara played the Wii and I helped Brynne to bowl a few times too. Brynne's favorite saying over the weekend was "I did it, all by myself" or "I can do it, all by myself" I really cannot count how many times she said it. We also made sugar cookies. Bedtime was a little nutty, mainly for me. So we got a couple sleeping bags out and Ben set up a tent in the front room for them said prayers (Brynne's prayer included, "And I love pink" so hard not to laugh, it was so stinking cute.) They came to me three times before I layed down with them, Tara said that I was going to be waiting a long time before she fell asleep since, she wasn't tired at all. They were both knocked out in less than 10 minutes.



Sunday we made it to church on time with a couple of minutes to spare, I love the ten o'clock start time. After church we cut out the sugar cookies, frosted them and put the sprinkles on. They were definitally on a sugar high. I think we all were. Then we went over to my parents house for their anniversary dinner. And I gave them their book. For the past six months I have been working on an anniversary book for them. It has taken alot longer than I really wanted it to, but oh well it was done on time that was all that matters. What I did was back in July I went through all of the pictures that my parents had and had them scanned to a CD by scanmyphotos.com It was about $100 for almost 800 pictures and it took less than a week to send them to them and get them back. So after that I started making digital scrapbook pages for them. It ended up being a 100 page book. I still have many pictures that were not used. I tried to get the highlights. So, I gave it to them and they loved it and were so surprised by some of the pictures in the book. My mom wondered why the pic of her pregnant with Sarah ended up in the book. It isn't a flattering pic, but it is the only pregnant pic we have. The day was really nice.



We stopped by Mary and R.W.'s for a few minutes and while we were there we learned that President Hinckley had died. John had called Mary and we were there. He was such great inspiration and a great leader. In April of 2000 he came to Fresno to dedicate the temple. I wrote in my journal about it.

"I sat in the first endowment room and was sitting in one of the comfortable chairs. Right before 11:30 President Gordon B. Hinckley and his cute wife walked by the open door and waved inside."

I still remeber that and am so greatful that I had that experience. Even if it was just a little one. My parents were lucky enough to go to the October Conference and see him presiding over the Conference Session for the last time.

Back to the weekend. We finally made it home at about 8 pm Brynne had fallen asleep in the car so we put her to sleep in our bed until Tara went to bed. During church I had the girls color a sign for their parents and so before Tara went to bed we put it up out side our door. During the night it was crazy windy and right outside our windows is our Trash cans and they were rumbling around so bad that Ben had to go outside and move them. Kevin and Beth got home at about 5 am.


I went to work Mon, Tues, and Wed. Yesterday My Mom, Sarah, Max and Jesse, and I went out to Tulare to the outlets and got some stuff for Lily, who will be making her apperance any day now. It was fun and she got some cute stuff. I can't wait to go there in March.
When we came home I showed my mom some of the plants we coming up I noticed even more were coming up and I had to share them with you.

Well that brings us to today and Ben is getting everything ready for his campout, hopefully everything will work out.
I think I have updated enough. I will type at you all later.

Anna

2 comments:

Beth Swann said...

Thanks for posting the pics of the girls. And BIG THANK YOU for taking care of them! We sooo appreciate that!!

Beth Swann said...

Forgot to ask...How about a slideshow from slide.com of your book that you made for your parents??? slide.com will give you the html so all you gotta do is copy and paste it!