I found this article about newborns and read it on his second day and it was so true that he became a needy baby that second day.
Bre astfeeding is going a whole lot better. I really do think that the time that you have to wait for your milk to come in is such a cruel joke to a new mom. I really do wonder why it is like that. We made it through and he is doing well with only a couple ounces a day of formula.
I have learned that he has MAJOR gas and has to release it with each feeding which means he has to poop with each feeding so his poor bum is getting raw from all the poop and wiping.
Ben has been a huge help with Katelynn. Doing stuff with her and chasing her around isn't something I can do yet and alot of the time I am feeding Mark. Ben goes back to work in a week and I know that will be interesting for me to be wrangling them both but we will just do what we can, I can't stress about everything or else nothing will get done.
How is Katelynn doing? She is getting more and more used to the idea of Mark always being around. She has became more whinny especially when she doesn't get her way. Time outs have become more regular. We haven't let her hold him yet because we don't want her to get the idea that she can pick him up with out us. In time we will let her do that. We are just watching her like a hawk around him for now trying to teach her how to behave with him. She doesn't hover around him too much during the day. She will mainly notice him when he is crying. She has been good about being quiet when he is sleeping, she will tip toe around him sshhhing us. For the most part she has been gentle, we are just watching her like crazy.



No comments:
Post a Comment