Monday, July 25, 2011

Swim Lessons

I had decided that putting Katelynn in Swim lessons this year would be a good thing for her. We started with a mommy and me class, which she loved. But she was WAY too advanced for these lessons. I had no idea what to expect with her and the pool. Well, the pool and Katelynn are best friends. So, after we left that first Mommy and me class I had to switch her into a private lesson so that she could advance and get the instruction that she really needed.
She has had a total of six lessons now and is really a little fish. She will easily go under water to get the rings and she is working on the combination of jumping in, swimming to the edge and getting out. We haven't taught her how to jump off things so she tends to walk off the edge of the pool, so she barely will clear the egde of the pool sometimes.
We have our little 3 foot doughboy pool that she is able to stand above the water just fine but she will go up and down in the water. She is learning her bouancy and will try to get her tummy and butt up so that she can kick.
It has been really amazing to watch her flourish and learn how to get the basics of swimming learned. She has four more lessons and I am sure she will love them.
Here are some pics that I have taken. I haven't taken them at each lesson but I will get a little video and some for the last few lessons.

She Hates the back floats


Swimming to the edge


She gets distracted easily and was staring at a fat cat on the deck.

No comments: