I was making dinner got the skillet hot, poured some oil in heated that through and then I proceeded to put the meat in and it SPLASHED all on me. So, I now have oil burns on my arm and neck. Needless to say dinner did not get made. I also had to run to CVS and get some burn cream since after a couple hours of it burning but not blistering I needed some help. This burnjel stuff is pretty darn awesome. I was worried about sleeping, I had no problem at all. I think the people at CVS thought I was crazy walking in with my neck blazing red, but oh well Ben wouldn't have gotten exactly what I needed. And here are the pics to prove it or immortalize it. This was this morning so a good 18 hours after.


Yes, this was all my fault. I love to cook way too high and so this was a lesson to me. Ben tells me probably weekly to turn the heat down on something I am making. Now I have a wound to remind me about turning down the heat. It is somewhere between a first and second degree burn, but since it didn't blister right up I didn't go to the ER. Just keeping it clean and trying to keep Katelynn's hands away too. Her nails are lethal even if they are trimmed.
1 comment:
Ouch! I did something like that once to my hand while making dinner and it did blister and I continued to make dinner.
Post a Comment