Friday, May 1, 2009

What's New

Why does it say 18 days on that ticker there? That is a little weird. Everything has been going well for the pregnancy. I haven't felt any braxton hicks or even real contractions. She feels like she is everywhere. Her butt likes to be on my upper right and her feet like to be on the left. Every once in a while she will stretch her foot and I will have a little bubble on my side that I can pinch. I can also push her foot back and forth in my belly. Ben still thinks that there is an Alien in me.

A guy Ben goes mountain biking with said to us on Wed and I think it is true too that guys really don't feel like a dad until they see the baby while the mom has maternal instincts usually the moment she finds out she is pregnant. There is a definite connection between me and Katelynn that I don't think Ben has just yet but will get when she sees her and holds her. That will be weird to be holding our baby and it is just days away.

I had an appt yesterday and I got checked out. he said that I was softening but no dilation. He also said that if anytime after 38 weeks I am dilating he would schedule and induction. So that is next week. I will see him on Tues and we will see how things are going. I don't think that I will want to induce until after the 10th so it things are happening next week I will schedule something after the 10th unless she decides that she wants to be here sooner. Who knows nothing might have changed from Thursday to Tuesday. The fun times of the waiting game.

Here is my pic from 36 weeks. I will probably do one more and then I should put together a panel to see the entire progression. I hope everyone is well. I will type at you all later.


Anna

6 comments:

Ammy said...

It's getting closer~ I was dilated a 2 at 36 weeks. I know people who were dilated a 4 for a month....I guess it just depends on your doc. I have also heard you DON'T want to be induced. I would never want to be, I guess I never will get to have that chance, but talk to Beth, she will know all about it!
Love to you!

Stacy said...

Hi Anna, I found you through Amy Neilson's blog and I am SO EXCITED for you!! A baby girl is the Best!! I hope you wont mind me checking in on your blog to find out when she comes!

Sarah Mejias said...

Yeah, from my experience, having Damien started hurting way sooner and I need pain med after sleep med up until the epidural. Then with the boys (remember there were 2 in me) I didn't need anything until I swear it was right before I pushed them out. Crazy huh?! I think being induced hurts more. Well, good luck :) As long as she gets out, guess either way it's gonna hurt. I'll pray for you :)Thanks for the update.

Becca said...

while everyone else is commenting on induction horrors which I totally agree with my babies came when they wanted to and it was great but my main comment was why is the date upside down on your scrapbook page.

Ammy Moore said...

Yes....I was wondering why your date was upside down too...

Erin J said...

Alright. Alright. You are adorable! Can't wait to see you. Hey can you pass me Ammys email again? She left a comment on my blog and I could not get on hers bc see is priv. now. Thanks. See you in less than 1 month!!!!!