Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Before we left for Legoland I commissioned myself to be in charge of cooking the bird this year for my families Thanksgiving. I got the recpie from Our Best Bites (I get quite a few recipes from there). So, I had to get it thawing before we left so that it would be ready by Wednesday night. Over the years it has become our families tradition to have Thanksgiving on the Wednesday night. It just seems to work out best that way. I had never even thought of brineing a turkey before but the blog post made me want to give it a try. So, the bird was brined and then cooked and then eaten so fast there was no leftovers! It was the best turkey that I had ever eaten. I don't know what everyone else thinks but I am hoping to do that again. 


Ben Carved the turkey. Ever since I can remember my family always has an appetizer bar for family dinners. It usually consists of: Potato Chips, onion dip, Mike's Salsa and Chips, Veggies with ranch dip, Ritz, and maybe some other random stuff. It is one of the things that we look forward to on family dinners. And I have gotten a picture of Mike at that bar quite a few times now! Aunt Sarah and Damien trying to console Mark. Katelynn playing with the puzzles. I was wondering why I had a random picture of Jesse then I looked closer and saw what was on his feet. Cinderella's Glass Slippers! There were two pairs of shoes that night and Katelynn, Max and Jesse were wearing them. 
Getting together is always a fun and crazy time especially when Katelynn is there.We all survive though. 


No comments: