Saturday, May 8, 2010

One Year Old

If someone would have asked me a year ago how this year with Katelynn was going to be I probably would have said, "Wonderful, everything will be just fine." And I do think it has been just fine. It hasn't been wonderful all the time but everything has turned out just fine. The first three months were VERY hard for me emotionally and physically, but after I stopped nursing her things became a whole lot better for everyone. I guess those few months are what really scares me about when number 2 comes. How will I be able to adjust with both? I don't think Ben will have three months off with me again, knee surgery, (that made things so much better, having him home to help). We just won't worry about that until it all happens.
Katelynn is doing great and still growing like a little weed. She can reach up to the counter top in the kitchen with her little fingers. I have cleared off the table except for the napkins and Salt and pepper. I don't know how long those will stay up there. She is able to climb on top of little boxes. She thinks that any box any size she should be able to fit in and stand in, and has a little fit when she can't quite get both feet into the smallest tupperware we own.
Walking is her main mode of tranportation and she is wanting to run but can't quite get her feet and head at the same speed. I can hear her take a few quick steps before the crash.
She has two bottles a day of milk at morning and bedtime. We have finally found a sippy cup that she will drink from. It is a straw one that have a valve so that it doesn't spill and since she doesn't tip the cup is is able to get something to drink. I really do like it. It has taken about a week for her to figure out how to use it well and understand what in the world it is used for.
Every time she goes to sleep we have to read Princess Baby Night-Night. We sit on the fouton together and she knows that it is behind the pillow and will start to look for it. It is a cute little quick bedtime book that she just loves.
Next week is her one year check up so we shall see how much she has grown. I really can't believe it has been a year. I am so very grateful for her and the love that she has brought with her.
We are having a Birthday Party for her today with most of her Cousins and Aunts and Uncles. It'll be fun and I hope she has fun with her cousins. I will post about the party later, but here are some pictures from the month.

We went over to Aunt Sarah's and played with Max and Jesse on their trampoline. Jesse had been reminding me that we hadn't been over to jump on the trampoline yet and so we went over and had a fun time together.



I put Katelynn's hair up in her first ponytail this week. She did just fine with it until naptime when she woke up with a Mohawk! It was hilarious.



When she drinks from her sippy cup her eyes get wide and she looks so cute.



Reading with Cousin Brynne

No comments: