Thursday, April 8, 2010

11 Months

Katelynn, has changed so much. In just these past two weeks she has really mastered walking. I really think that it is amazing that she is walking already. I really didn't think that she would be walking now. I thought it wouldn't happen until after a year. I guess I thought that she is a baby until 1 and then she would walk then. I was wrong. She has changed her main mode of transportation from crawling to walking. She falls alot, I am glad that she has her diaper padding.
She cut her third tooth on March 26 while she was with Aunt Sarah and she has three more that are going to be cutting through in the next week or so. She really hasn't been cranky with all of these teeth coming. Which is just fine. Since she just has two teeth there are a few things that I haven't given her to eat but everything that I do give her she usually likes. She loves to feed herself and is wanting more and more to feed herself with a spoon. I fill her spoon a few times and let her put i in her mouth then I end up taking over again since I can't handle the mess. It is nice to see that she knows what the spoon is really for and not just for banging on the highchair when she is finished eating.
She has said her first word, "book" which she says boo in a very soft voice. We figured this out on Thursday when we were putting her to bed. She kept on saying boo, boo, boo and then I asked her if she wanted to read a book and she went over to her bookshelf and said boo, boo, boo. She does love her books. Her two favorites are the Farm Animal Friends, sound book and the puppy counting book. Of course a daily occurance is for her to pull the books from the shelf but she loves them and thumbs through them everyday.
She brings so much joy and happiness to Ben and I. It still amazes us that she is doing so much and learning so much everyday. We love you Katelynn!!

No comments: